WAGS is in need of great gymnastic coaches.
Would you like to be part of making our community healthier and happier?
If you have all of the following attributes, let us know!
Love gymnastics and the benefits it creates
- Have enthusiasm and a positive energy
- Be reliable
- Like working with children
- Great communication skills
- A passion for helping young athletes succeed
- Be willing to work in a team environment
- Become a qualified coach by participating in on line and practical education courses (paid for by WAGS)
If you think you have what it takes, this is what to do….
Contact WAGS via email, phone or talk to Vicki or Marama or Wendy in the office.
- Undergo a Health and Safety induction
- You will begin by shadowing an experienced coach. This is volunteered time by you.
- Start your coach education pathway by doing an on line coaching course through Gymnastics New Zealand. This is paid for by WAGS.
- When you are ready to take a group on your own Marama will assess your ability. Once you take a group on your own you will be paid for your time coaching.
We are a great place to work. Our positive and fun environment is healthy place to enjoy making a difference in the young people we see and to the Whangarei community.
WAG Competition Coaches: Girls Competitive Program
We have several vacancies in our girls junior competitive program. STEP 1 -4.
If you have experience in competitive gymnastics and can commit to coaching 1 - 3 classes per week
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience in the above attributes to Vicki Macdonald via email to firstname.lastname@example.org